We have a problem with certain JPEG 2000. They seem to be valid (JHove), but IIP image server gets stuck when accessing these.
Any help is very much appreciated.
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.
This works fine with the latest development version of iipsrv. Are you using version 0.9.9?
He's right, the lowest resolution works, but resolution 1 and 2 go badly wrong (only the tiles on the borders load).
This looks like a problem with the resolution sizes created within the JP2 file, which are rounded up rather than down as with TIFF. This issue is now fixed in the latest iipsrv version on github.
We rebuilt it from the latest version on Github, but we still see the same problem.
It should work with the current version, right? So it might be some problem on our side then, I guess?
Thank you for your quick support!
Try clearing the browser cache. And if you are using a server-side cache such as Varnish or Memcached, clear those also.
We don't use memcached or anything else on the server and we used the current snapshot from Github to build it. I can completely reproduce the error on different clients.
We tried to test a couple of things, but we don't really know what to do next. I can try to recreate the images with slightly different settings in Kakadu, if this helps, but I need to find all images that might be problematic. However, this is not really a path I want to go down.
Do you have any other suggestions?
I just wanted to push this again. I checked again and we have built it against the latest version, but it doesn't work and we still have the same problem.
This is crucial for us, because right now the image server gets stuck very often and we base our newspaper browser on this.
Would it help to provide the iipsrv.fcgi file?
There is one more thing I noticed. It seems that the JPEG2000 differs in the profile between one that works (Grayscale - Gamma 2.2, attached to this one) and the one I posted before (Restricted ICC profile describing sRGB-grey). I don't know if this is a problem.
Update: Acutally, the two examples given here are the same, but still this one is working and the first one doesn't.
Just to let everybody know that it was actually our own build. I did personally everything from scratch again using the latests source code from github and the latest version of Kakadu. Everything seems to work now.
Sorry for the unnecessary follow-up posts.
Thank you for your help!
OK great! I had been trying in vain to replicate this problem!
Sorry Ruven, I was not aware that you were on it already. I should have known you are always very responsive and dedicated.
Thank you very much for that!
It was a stupid mistake from our side, but I am right now not sure why we had the problem the first time we build it. The only differences are that we removed memcached now and we used an older version of Kakadu previously.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter: