Menu

Insatalling iipserver with OpenJPEG2000 on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS Server using apt-get

Giacomo
2020-12-11
2020-12-16
  • Giacomo

Giacomo - 2020-12-11

Hello Ruven,
    thanks a lot for this wonderful tool!

I was trying to install it using Ubuntu repository on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS Server (with Apache2 and Nginx as proxy server) :

sudo apt install libopenjp2-tools
    sudo apt-get install  iipimage-server

I am able to see pyramidal tiff but not .jp2 files exported using Openjpeg2000 (they looks okay when analyzed using jpylyzer). I am reciving from server:

/var/..../test.jp2 is neither a file nor part of an image sequence

From the documentation it seems that jp2 should be supported when installing if from ubuntu respository https://iipimage.sourceforge.io/documentation/server/. I have spent a couple of days trying to fix it but I am not able to understand where is the problem. Should I compile the source code for jpeg2000 support or is suppose to work also when I install it from Ubuntu respository?

Best regards,
    Giacomo

• Giacomo

Giacomo - 2020-12-16

My fault it seems that Ubuntu 18.04 has in its repository only version 1.0 while jpg2000 is supported from version 1.1.

• Ruven

Ruven - 2020-12-16

Yes, you need to upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04 to get iipsrv version 1.1 or you can just compile it yourself on 18.04 for now until you upgrade.

• Giacomo

Giacomo - 2020-12-16

Thanks a lot Ruven, I compiled using the latest github repository and it works perfectly. Have a nice christmas and thanks for this wonderful tool, in this period lock-down has been proved essential.

• Ruven

Ruven - 2020-12-16

Glad it now works properly! A very Merry Christmas to you too!

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel