IIPMooViewer using different image server

• Markus

Markus - 2013-09-19

I have some questions concerning using a different kind of image server for the IIPMooViewer.

How difficult would it be to adapt the IIPMooViewer?

Is there some kind of abstraction in the viewer that would ease this process?

Is it in general a good idea to try to adapt it to different kinds of image servers?

Has anybody done that?

Is it possible to use an API like http://anno.onb.ac.at/cgi-content/annoshow?iiif=pog|18300501|1|pct:10,10,100,100|full|0|70 ?

Thank you very much in advance!

• Ruven

Ruven - 2013-10-14

IIIF support is now available for iipmooviewer on github: https://github.com/ruven/iipmooviewer

• Ruven

Ruven - 2013-09-19

In fact it is now very easy to add new protocols to iipmooviewer. We already have adapters for Zoomify, Deepzoom and Djatoka. So, adding one for IIIF should be easy. Take a look at the examples in the src/protocols subdirectory and create one for IIIF.

Regarding IIIF, I'm in the process of integrating IIIF protocol support into the IIPImage server itself. Watch this space ;-)

• Alena

Alena - 2013-10-02

One more question about using different image servers. First I'd like to describe the problem we've experienced earlier. We used an IIPImage server as a server and IIPMooViewer as a client. Due to the cross-domain requests restrictions we could use IIPMooViewer only when it is situated in the same domain as IIPImage server is. Any attempts to keep the server and the client separately failed. The only solution was to set header of Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *, but this was not allowed because of our security requirements.

Now we have another task: we need to configure our IIPMooViewer to the remote image server which supports IIIF protocol. I understand that the IIPMooViewer needs to be updated to support this new protocol. But will I meet the same cross-domain problems anyway with this different image server? Or is this the restriction only of the IIPImage server?

Many thanks,

P.S. I'm a colleague of Markus (the person who posted the first question). So we work actually on the same problem.

• Ruven

Ruven - 2013-10-10

The cross domain problem is linked to the initial Ajax request that gets the necessary image metadata from the server. To get around this, you can use the "load" parameter in the latest iipmooviewer to set these values directly in the HTML.

So, for example:

var iipmooviewer = new IIPMooViewer( "mydiv", {
          image: "image.tif",
          load: { size: [1000,1000], tiles: [256,256], resolutions: 8}
      Last edit: Ruven 2013-10-10
  • Alena

Alena - 2013-10-08

Hello Ruven,

In your previous comment you've mentioned that currently you are working on the IIIF protocol support. Could you please tell us what is the current status of this issue? When do you expect to have it ready?

• Ruven

Ruven - 2013-10-10

It's pretty much there. Just some small problems to fix, though I haven't had time recently to finish. So, it's difficult to give an expected time. But, hopefully soon! ;-)

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks