epipe error

Help
2005-07-04
2013-04-17
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

I tried to connect my IFP-190TC firmware 3.00 and all the time when starting the gui I get:
    err:  [ifp_os_control_send] found an EPIPE error not previously documented. command=11 try=1
    err:  [ifp_list_dirs] err=1. dir.close failed.
    err:  [ifp_selftest] err=1. couldn't get basic directory listing.
    err:  [ifp_init] err=1. self test failed.

The strange thing is that I never saw this in the past when I used the GUI and I didn't upgrade the firmware or so.

I succeeded once in connecting (tried to change a name of a directory) and it cored on me:
    Could not communicate with iRiver device.
    Try unplugging the USB link, powering off the device, and plugging it back in.
    err:  [ifp_os_control_send] err=-19. error sending ifp control code the command 2 (0, 8). ctl[8]  Returned -19.
    err:  [ifp_control_send] err=-19. error sending control value
    err:  [ifp_battery] err=-19. error reading battery
    err:  [ifp_os_control_send] found an EPIPE error not previously documented. command=11 try=1
    err:  [ifp_os_control_send] found an EPIPE error not previously documented. command=0b try=1
    err:  [ifp_os_control_send] found an EPIPE error not previously documented. command=0b try=1
    err:  [ifp_os_control_send] found an EPIPE error not previously documented. command=10 try=1
    wrn:  [ifp_delta] interesting, there were only 4 bytes.
    wrn:  [ifp_dir_next_debug] warning: the field at +10 is 0020 instead of 0x0100.  (For test)
    wrn:  [ifp_dir_next_debug] warning: the field at +10 is 0020 instead of 0x0100.  (For Tchaikovsky & Shostakovich)
    wrn:  [ifp_dir_next_debug] warning: the field at +10 is 0020 instead of 0x0100.  (For test)
    err:  [ifp_list_dirs] err=1. dir.close failed.
    err:  [ifp_get_file_list] err=1. couldn't get basic directory listing.
    Could not communicate with iRiver device.
    Try unplugging the USB link, powering off the device, and plugging it back in.
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

after this same problem again. powering on/off player doesn't help

Any idea?

Thanks,
    Sven.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Never mind. Seems it was the USB-hub I was using. When connecting directly to the PC, it works like a charm.

Sorry,
      Sven.

• Jim Campbell

Jim Campbell - 2005-07-05

Thanks for replying with the solution.  This would have been a difficult one to figure out.

--
        Jim

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks