I'm happy to announce a new version of the pyifp python bindings for
libifp. This version includes patches by Joe Wreschnig to bring the API
into compliance with the python coding standards and improve the
functionality of the bindings.
* New API naming that conforms to the python standards
* New unified upload and download methods
* Device model, capacity and firmware revision are now cached and can be
accessed as properties of the ifp object.
* Recursive creation and deletion of directories on the iFP device
* Upload and download callbacks can now return None to indicate success.
* iFP file listings can be retrieved without the use of a user callback
The sample scripts have been updated to use the new API. The next version
will add to the existing API but this should be the last major shift in
the existing method names.
As always suggestions are welcome.
From: Billy Charlton <billy@tr...> - 2005-01-30 22:10:06
Announcing ifp-gnome version 0.3.
ifp-gnome is my little project to make a simple "Just Works" Gnome front
end for iRiver devices.
- upload folder
- upload playlist
- pick random selection of playlist items ("shuffle")
I'm still in heavy dev mode and there are lots of bugs and features
missing. Wanted to get the UI out there for a spin though. Feedback
This app currently uses ifp-line, but I will move to James' pyifp
library soon. Hopefully this will solve some of the hanging problems
due to a bug in ifp-line.
Get it from http://ifp-gnome.sourceforge.net