Menu

Not exporting curved grids

2020-07-09
2020-07-09
  • Bernd Hidding

Bernd Hidding - 2020-07-09

Hi there Autodesk community,

This is my first post on the forum, so I hope you guys can help me out because this problem is giving me a straight up headache….

I'm running in a problem with exporting curved grids that aren't visible in Solibri.

I've discoverd when I make a new grid with pick lines from linked Autocad the grid export sometimes, but not always, just random at times.
    When I draw a curved grid with no references just a random curved grid, it is not visible at all in Sobibri.

The problem is not within the export settings in Revit because the grids are visible in Solibri.
    It is also not the problem with the grids, I did 'create similar' with all the grids even with the curved grids which are visible in Sobibri

In the attachment two views of what I see in Revit and what in Solbibri.

I am running out of possibilties ..

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2020-07-09

The IFC file format doesn't actually support grid lines per se, but actual grids. What I mean by that is that you need 1 or more grid lines in at least 2, but no more than 3, grid directions for the grid lines to be exported. So if you created a solo grid line in Revit and tried to export it, you'd get nothing, because IFCGRID in IFC doesn't support that.