Menu

IFC4RV: MEP Fabrication Parts

2018-07-12
2018-09-01
  • Dirk Van Rillaer

R2018.3

Seems that the MEP Fabrication Parts (Ductwork, Pipework, Hangers and Ladders) are only exported in IFC2x3, not yet in IFC4RV...

Last edit: Dirk Van Rillaer 2018-07-12
  • Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2018-07-12

I think that's right - I think the special code that deals with Fab Parts is 2x3 only. It probably wouldn't be too hard to handle IFC4RV, although there would have to be a need. I'll alert the team, though.

• Dirk Van Rillaer

Hi Angel,

Maybe you could pass that team also that the hangers are only exportable as IfcBuildingElementProxy. For IFC2x3 it would nice to have them as IfcDiscreteAccessory(Type).
    Also the Insulation and Lining is only exportable as IfcDuctSegment, IfcPipeSegment or IfcBuildingElementProxy, instead of IfcCovering.
    Trying to export them as IfcCovering they even are not exported at all.
    Having them as IfcCovering would be consistent with the 'regular' Revit duct/pipe lining and insulation (which are hardcoded exported as IfcCovering.WRAPPING and IfcCovering.INSULATION).

Regards,
    Dirk

• Dirk Van Rillaer

It seems only to be an issue in IFC4RV.
    Geometry is exporting fine in IFC4DTV. But the issue of the mapping of the Lining and the Insulation is in IFC4DTV the same as described above for IFC2x3CV.

• Dirk Van Rillaer

Tested with R2019.1

• exporter 19.1 (regular version): same issue as 18.4
    • exporter current-Github-Master-version: (most) issues are fixed!

fixed:
    -The MEP Fabrication Parts are now also exported in IFC4RV.
    -The hangers are exportable as IfcDiscreteAccessory (or IfcMechanicalFastener)

(still) issue:
    The insulation/liners are not exportable as IfcCovering. The geometry of the insulation is not exported as one tries to export them as IfcCovering (making use of the export mapping file).
    The export is fine as they are mapped to f.i. IfcDistributionElement.

I attached an updated rvt-sample, and the IFC4RV exports with both mappings of the insulation/liners:
    - export 1: as IfcCovering: no geometry is exported
    - export 2: as IfcDistributionElement: geometry is exported