Menu

Export and map "Function" property using custom property set?

2021-08-15
2021-08-16
  • Mileta Pejovic

Mileta Pejovic - 2021-08-15

Is there any way to successfully export a value of the "Function" property used in Revit for (walls, floors, doors, etc.)?
    I've tried to export this property using almost all data types but without success.
    If I understand correctly the accurate data type for this property is Identifier (when exported using Revit property sets), but If I try to use custom property set - the property is not exported.
    I've made to export it using Integer and Real data types, but exported value is number instead of text value of Function enum.
    Any help to export "Function" property accurately? tnx

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2021-08-16

"Function" internally is a number. We should add some code that if the number corresponds to a visible string (basically, is an enumeration), we can export it as a string if asked for. But keep in mind that the number is universal, while the string is localized, so you may actually prefer the number.

• Mileta Pejovic

Mileta Pejovic - 2021-08-16

Thanks for reply.
    Clear explanation, however for a common user I believe that the acceptable solution would be exporting a Function value as a respective string since the string value is the value originally selected in the authoring tool (I don't think that common user understand or remembers which number corresponds to which string, especially if it's not explicitly marked).