Menu

Adding option to force the use of the Boundary Representation (B-rep)

2017-12-07
2020-08-17
  • Lucas Verhelst

Lucas Verhelst - 2017-12-07

Hi all,

We're currently implementing the management of provisions for voids through IFC (and BCF). To do this, we'd like to have the option to force B-rep instead of extrusions.

I think such an option would be a good idea anyway, because not all applications handle extrusions that well. Therefore this would improve interoperability.

We will start working on this on this Github repo: https://github.com/verhoeven-leenders/IFC-For-Revit/tree/ForceB-rep.

Kind regards,

Lucas Verhelst
    Structural Engineer at Ingenieursbureau Verhoeven & Leenders

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2017-12-07

Hi Lucas,

That sounds great. If you want to consider contributing that back to the open source project at some point, let us know.

Thanks,
    Angel

• Lucas Verhelst

Lucas Verhelst - 2017-12-18

Hi Angel,

Offcourse, we'd love to contribute this back to the project. I will let you know when we are ready to do this.

I guess this choice on the export method is made somewere in the export module, but i'm not familiar with the structure of this module. Do you know where in the code the decision is made? If so, could you give me some directions?

Thanks in advance,
      Lucas

• Stefan Hanz

Stefan Hanz - 2020-08-17

Hi,

I wanted to ask if there is any new state for an option to force BRep for IFC Export?
    The GitHub Repo is offline right now.

Thanks,
    Stefan