Menu

IFC export log file

2020-04-15
2020-05-01
  • Joao Carolino

Joao Carolino - 2020-04-15

I have a question about the IFC log file and its time report:
    According to the log file the export from revit took 29 min to be concluded (pic1).
    Nevertheless I was only able to use Revit after 36 min the time reported in the IFC log, when the export was completed (pic2). The last element that Revit was exporting was a railing (pic 3).

What is Revit doing other then exporting the IFC so I am not able to use it during those 36min?
    Is this behaviour normal?

I am acessing files, folders and Revit through a VPN since I am working remotely.
    Revit 2020.2
    Export IFC v. 20.1.0.1

Thank you in advance.

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2020-04-15

I am unsure why it took so long to write the IFC file and clean up after the export. Revit does have to do "garbage collection", which cleans up the memory afterwards, but that shouldn't normally take that long (although, sometimes, mysteriously, it does). Does this happen all the time, or sporadically?

• Joao Carolino

Joao Carolino - 2020-04-15

I see.. This is happening with two projects and different users but I just started to notice it 2 weeks ago. A team member reported that he needed one and half hours to export a facade and the log file said otherwise (less time). Since then I am paying some more attention to those discrepancies and it doesn't seem to be a sporadic situation

• Joao Carolino

Joao Carolino - 2020-04-16

Just a quick update on a IFC export of another model done by a different user. (see pic)

• Joao Carolino

Joao Carolino - 2020-05-01

Update: after some more tests I am assuming that it is a VPN issue since the discrepancy only happens when exporting "remotely".