Menu

How to export correctly IFC file from Revit 2018 in accordance with a Model View Definition (MVD) from the Ifcdoc tool

ndt
2018-07-31
2018-09-25
  • ndt

ndt - 2018-07-31

I have generated a model view definition (MVD) from IFCdoc tool, but I do not know how to export correctly an IFC file from Revit 2018 to suit with my MVD.
    Please show me step by step to do it and recommend me some useful document in this field.
    Many thanks in advance!

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2018-07-31

Unfortunately, Revit doesn't yet consume an MVDxml to create an IFC file. This is a major re-work of the open source, and would ideally be done in conjunction with a new open source toolkit as the interface to an MVDxml file.

• ndt

ndt - 2018-08-01

Dear Mr Velez,
    Thank you so much for your answer.
    Do you have experience in creating a new open source toolkit as the interface to an MVDxml file? If possible please give me a more specific suggestion. I am a newer in this field.

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2018-08-01

This is a generic answer because it is a large amount of work. You basically need to specify an XML file that would act as a filter of Revit data, and then place information in the right entities with the right relations and right properties based on that. This requires knowledge of Revit elements, Revit API, and IFC. I suggested a new toolkit because I think that could work as an intermediate step for a number of applications, but it would still require vendor use and an interface.

• ndt

ndt - 2018-08-02

Thank you so much for your answer.

• ndt

ndt - 2018-09-25

Dear Angel Velez,
    Do you know how to create a Simple IfcXML file from an IfcXml which extracted from Revit?
    Many thanks in advance.