Menu

Number Parameters not Exported to IFC

2020-12-17
2020-12-17
  • Alessandra Goetz

Hi there, I am trying to export a double project parameter from Revit to IFC (Instance). In my pset file i wrote number to translate it to IFC. However, the value does not show in IFC/ is not exported. I am using Revit 2019. WIth 2020 it does not work either. Any idea?

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2020-12-17

"Number" isn't an IFC type - try "Count". Also, minor, but it is illegal to create custom property sets that start with "PSet" - that is reserved for the buildingSMART defined ones. We don't stop you, and the file will likely work anywhere, but strictly spearking it is not allowed.

• Alessandra Goetz

oha, thanks for the quick reply i will test that and thanks for the hint... i use it always as a testing file but will adjust that... =)

• Alessandra Goetz

now i looked at it but with count i assume you mean Ganzzahl which is an integer? I need to export a decimal number and later on use it as a double... with using count it is shortened.

• Alessandra Goetz

now i looked at it but with count i assume you mean Ganzzahl which is an integer? I need to export a decimal number and later on use it as a double... with using count it is shortened.

• Alessandra Goetz

Ok so I managed to export using Real as the parameter type which works!
    With the length apparently revit converts the number to inch or viceversa... a topic discussed here but i have not found a solution yet?