Menu

IFC 2x2 Coordination View in Revit 2019 (IFC Exporter v19.3)

2020-04-06
2020-04-09
  • Milutin Pittl-Protic

Hello,
    unexpectedly we have problem exporting when version 2x2 Coordination View is selected. Export does not start at all, other versions of IFC are not affected. Does anyone have an idea what the problem is. I thank you in advance. Stay healthy and take care of yourself.

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2020-04-06

Out of curiousity, why are you using IFC2x2 instead of IFC2x3? Does IFC2x3 work? if you send me your file, we can try to take a look: angel . velez @ autodesk . com

• Milutin Pittl-Protic

Our engineers (Strabag) need this version in particular, because in our current projects there are facade elements where the correct IFC export - for whatever reason - only works with this IFC export version, otherwise all the recesses in the facade elements are missing.

But export with 2x2 doesn't work at all (export doesn't even start), supposedly it worked until January and hasn't worked since last updates. Has Autodesk released any update for IFC Exporter 2019 or an update that may affect IFC Exporter 2019?

Update: export works with 19.1.0 and 19.2, but not with 19.3
    The question is whether it works for you with 19.3?

Thanks for your support
    Stay healthy
    Milutin

Last edit: Milutin Pittl-Protic 2020-04-06
  • Andy Parrella

Andy Parrella - 2020-04-07

I can reproduce this with a new model using 19.3, so there is something we need to fix. If you can use the previous exporter for now, please do.

• Milutin Pittl-Protic

Thank you very much Andy.

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2020-04-08

I haven't tested this yet, but internally we do have tests running on Revit 2021 that try to export to IFC2x2 that work. So you could (temporarily) upgrade your file to Revit 2021 and export from there. I know that is time-consuming, but could be a better result. Also, regardless, it would be good to get your file, because the recesses shouldn't be missing - you shouldn't have to use IFC2x2 as a workaround. So if you could send it to us, that would be great.

• Milutin Pittl-Protic

Hallo Angel, i send you now the Revit file. Please check your E-Mail, Dropbox Link shoulb be included. . Thank you for Support.

Last edit: Milutin Pittl-Protic 2020-04-14