Menu

IFC schedule export calculated value

2018-03-05
2020-11-06
  • RGW vd Elsen

RGW vd Elsen - 2018-03-05

Hi Autodesk,

If I export with the sourgeforge IFC exporter
    1. option checked "Export only schedules cointaining IFC, Pset or Common in the title"
    2. calculated value parameter "opp" (=volume/thickness)
    3. In the IFC export all the schedule parameters are exported "except" the parameter "opp".

Is it not possible to export a calculated value to IFC.
    I want to select the element in the IFC viewer and then read out the value.

Regards,

Ramon van den Elsen

• RGW vd Elsen

RGW vd Elsen - 2018-03-05

In the attached file you see 2 examples,
    One example in navisworks where you see on the "wall schedule IFC" tab that the parameter "opp" is not exported
    One example in Revit wher you see the parameters, including the parameter "opp"

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2018-03-05

Hi Ramon,

You are correct - the current IFC export does not support exporting calculated values. I believe there are some API limitations there - we need to take a look.

Regards,
    Angel

• Jaco Beltman

Jaco Beltman - 2018-12-12

Hello Angel,
    We are experiencing the same problem as Ramon.
    We tried to export the calculated parameters to IFC the same way as Ramon.

Is it possible to export the calculated value to IFC if we create a shared parameter for ''opp'' to redirect the cell from the calculated value to the parameter so that it is connected to an element? and if this is possible, how can we do it?

Or do you see any other solution in the future that can solve the problem of calculated values not getting exported to IFC?

Thanks in advance,

Sincerely,
    Jaco

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2018-12-12

Hi Jaco,

I think that's the case - if the calculated value is put into another shared parameter that isn't calculated, you can export it. One possibility perhaps would be via a script to set the shared parameter value. Other power users here may have better solutions!

Regards,
    Angel

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2018-12-19

This is on our request list. Unfortunately, calculated fields in schedules work differently than other ones, so it isn't a trivial request. But we would like this to work at some point.

• Loek van Steijn

Loek van Steijn - 2020-11-06

Hello @angelvelezsosa
    Are there any updates on this thread, or do we have to export calculated values as Revit Expressions?