Menu

How to export line styles from revit to ifc

Faez Amiri
2022-02-27
2022-02-27
  • Faez Amiri

Faez Amiri - 2022-02-27

hello everyone,

I am trying to work with path lines of vehicles' routes in parking stories. I tried and drew some model lines for this purpose and changed their styles to "path of travel lines", which is a predefined line style in Revit. then I got an IFC 2x3 CV. 2.0 export from my model and tried to extract these line by using ifcopenshell. But now I see that the line styles are not exported with the lines, although I checked the item "export 2d plan view elements". Is another setting item needed to be checked?
    As you may know, I need the styles to differentiate between these path lines and other lines in building model that define other elements.
    Any idea for other options for enriching the model with these paths and extracting it from IFC is appreciated.

thank you in advance.

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2022-02-27

You can try Coordination View (not 2.0) - 2.0 doesn't support line styles. Alternatively, you can name them in some way, or assign them to a presentation layer.

• Faez Amiri

Faez Amiri - 2022-02-27

Thanks dear Angel.

Could you explain what you mean by assigning the lines to a presentation layer?