Menu

Analytical lines of structural elements in IFC?

Nic Maes
2014-06-11
2017-12-06
  • Nic Maes

Nic Maes - 2014-06-11

Hi,

Are there any plans (or is it possible) to include the analytical lines in the IFC.
    Also the displacement of geometric information ( Top of beam / center of Beam / )

I know tat there are a lot of other typical structural stuf that we would like to exchange (loads, boundary conditions, .... )
    But for a start it would be great to just exchange the geometry and the displacement.

Best regards,

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2014-06-12

Hi Nic,
    Supporting the structural analysis model has been a long standing request that we just haven't gotten to yet, as we concentrate on getting the coordination view perfect. I'll add your name to the wish list, though!
    Thanks,
    Angel

• ThierryM

ThierryM - 2014-06-12

+1

• Hans Hendriks

Hans Hendriks - 2016-02-04

Hello Angel,

Is it already possible to export Analytical lines / Analytical Revit Categories?
    Thanks in advance,
    Hans

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2016-02-04

Hi Hans,

Not yet. We have been concentrating on existing MVDs and IFC4 work instead of structural analysis.

Regards,
    Angel

• MS

MS - 2017-04-13

Hey Angel,

I was wondering whether it is possible to create an API plug-in for Revit that exports analytical lines/wireframe?!? Or is that too far fetched?
    I'm not entirely aware of all functionalities that the Revit API provides and therefore, I just decided to ask.
    Thank you in advance!

Miryana

Last edit: MS 2017-04-13
    • JonM

JonM - 2017-04-13

Hi Miryana,

If you don't want to code this, my 3rd party addon for Revit has an option for an enhanced ifc export that will add the structural analysis model data into the generated IFC file. It's available from http://www.geometrygym.com/downloads if you wish to try it.

Cheers,

Jon

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2017-04-13

I second Jon's comment above - I was hoping you would chime in!

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2017-04-13

Hi Miryana,

Not farfetched at all. You can get information on both via the API and make your own exporter, or augment the open source to deal with them.

Regards,
    Angel

• MS

MS - 2017-04-13

Hi again =),
      thanks for the fast reply!

Could you please explain what you exactly mean by 'augment the open source'?
      And one more thing that I didn't clarify before:
      Is it possible to create an API plug-in for Revit that exports analytical lines in an IFC file format?

I am quite the beginner at these things so sry if I'm asking basic questions=)

• Angel Velez

Angel Velez - 2017-04-13

I assumed you meant in the IFC format :) I mean that you can either write your own IFC exporter that exports analytical lines using the Revit API, or you can use the open source exporter here (you can download the code), and modify it to also export analytical lines.

• Lucas Verhelst

Lucas Verhelst - 2017-12-06

Hi,

We'd be very much interested in importing and exporting structural and analytical properties to and from IFC aswell. Especialy analytical lines would be a great improvement to the interoperability of Revit with the other software and other partners.

Are there any plans to implement this in the exporter?

Kind Regards,

Lucas Verhelst
    Structural Engineer at Ingenieursbureau Verhoeven & Leenders