Menu

Error exporting elements to ifc

2021-03-26
2021-04-15
  • Leo Kichenin

Leo Kichenin - 2021-03-26

Good morning, I cannot export the geodetic markers in the joined file. The error message is "Unexpected errors occurred while exporting these elements to the IFC file.".

Other posts refers to this issue but the fixes made do not solve the issue on my side. I use the Release 20.3.3.0 For Revit 2020.

Thanks for the help.

• Andy Parrella

Andy Parrella - 2021-03-26

Hello. Yes, I can reproduce this in the latest version of Revit. There are a bunch of debug warnings on opening your model, so that's a clue. I will file an item to fix.
    Andy

• Andy Parrella

Andy Parrella - 2021-03-26

OK I see some geometry that is coming out invalid in Revit (the letters N,S,E,W) So a woraround might be that since it appears this is an imported marker, what if you used a different one? Or open it in the original app that created it and resave it.

• Leo Kichenin

Leo Kichenin - 2021-03-26

The letters were created with the built in model text tool within the family editor. I tried to delete them anyway but the error persist.

• Leo Kichenin

Leo Kichenin - 2021-04-15

I tried several times to delete and recreate my markers. At first it appeared to solve the issue, but the behavior was inconsistent. During my last test it worked so my problem is solved even if the origin is still unknown to me.