No focus traversal?

Help
2003-04-29
2004-08-17
  • Matthias Burbach

Hi,
    I tried your browser and it works pretty good. However, I can't advance the focus by pressing the tab key within the HMTL page as I can in ordinary IE. Is there a way to make this work? Are there other limitations?

Matthias

• Torgeir Veimo

Torgeir Veimo - 2003-04-29

Did you click in the html area before you tried keyboard navigation?

There has been some issue with keyboard traversal, but mostly between the IE instance and swing components. Check the archives of this forum.

• Matthias Burbach

Yes, I did click in the html area before I pressed tab. For example, I clicked on a combo box in the html area, it got the focus and then I pressed tab but nothing happened. Doing the same on the same URL in ordinary IE works as expected.

I'm on Win2k, my IE version is 6.0 and I run your Java Browser embedding the ActiveX control on JRE 1.4.1_02.

Everything else I tested so far is really great.

Any more ideas?
      Matthias

• Matthias Burbach

Yes, I did click in the html area before I pressed tab. For example, I clicked on a combo box in the html area, it got the focus and then I pressed tab but nothing happened. Doing the same on the same URL in ordinary IE works as expected.

I'm on Win2k, my IE version is 6.0 and I run your Java Browser embedding the ActiveX control on JRE 1.4.1_02.

Everything else I tested so far is really great.

Any more ideas?
      Matthias

• Torgeir Veimo

Torgeir Veimo - 2003-04-29

Hmm, I must admit It's been a while since I've touched anything running windows, so I'm not shure if there are differences in how jdk1.4.1_2 would handle focus.

• Prasad

Prasad - 2003-04-30

This seems to be problem with any webbrowser embeded. I am also not able to navigate using the tab keys. Lets say that i have cliked in a text field and then press tab. The cursor still remains in the same text field.

I do recall reading somewhere that this is a known issue when a webbrowser is  embedded. Though i am not so sure.

Please post the solution if you find it.

Thanks,
      Prasad.

• simon warn

simon warn - 2003-10-24

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I tried using the TranslateAccelerator() fix on MSDN for the WebBrowser control but no luck.

• Torgeir Veimo

Torgeir Veimo - 2003-10-24

You are having problem getting focus back to the java component after having keyboard focus inside the IE instance, right?

I don't think this is solved yet.

• simon warn

simon warn - 2003-10-24

The problem I am having is tabbing between fields in the form not between the Form and java controls.

• Bob Tarling

Bob Tarling - 2003-12-05

I've just come to this forum searching for a solution to exactly the same problem.

The tab key does not work for me to move between fields in the browser when it is embedded using iecanvas. The example iebrowser app shows this problem.

Please post back if anyone has a solution.

I'm using JDK1.4.2

• Bob Tarling

Bob Tarling - 2003-12-05

There may be some clues here - http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=57&thread=169402

I've tried experimenting a little myself but have got nowhere as yet. It looks like java is grabbing the tab key.

• Bob Tarling

Bob Tarling - 2003-12-05

I just tried with JDK1.3 - same problem

• Bob Tarling

Bob Tarling - 2004-01-02

Has anyone had any luck in resolving this?
      Is everyone getting this same problem?
      I'd like to know if it's anything to do with my setup or maybe a general incompatability between Sun and Microsoft of which we can do nothing about.
      Is Java simply capturing of every tab press and then not passing it back to windows when it finds no use for it?
      I've tried this on both JDK1.3 and JDK1.4 on Win2k and get the same problem with both.

• nereida hoxhaj

nereida hoxhaj - 2004-01-03

I don't think it is a setup or incompatability problem, it's just haven't been done maybe because considered not important. Can you give a hand to understand things out so we can fix this and the other bugs together? Please have a look at

https://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=562&alloc_id=1081&site_id=2&request_id=4718402

• nereida hoxhaj

nereida hoxhaj - 2004-01-03

sorry i gave you the wrong link. The right one is:

https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=991899&forum_id=182844

• Bob Tarling

Bob Tarling - 2004-08-17

I just spotted this bug fix in the release notes for JDK1.5.
      http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4838010
      This looks strongly related.
      Has anyone tried JDK1.5 with ie canvas to see if this problem is solved?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks