Menu

Oracle Profile

Help
Rob S.
2007-02-20
2014-09-09
  • Rob S.

Rob S. - 2007-02-20

Can you post a sample Oracle profile, for using the Oracle.java connector?

Thanks,

• Brent Kynaston

Brent Kynaston - 2007-02-21

You bet Rob!

Here is a scrubbed JDBC connection definition:

<connection>
          <name>REMEDY</name>
          <description>Connector to an Remedy database on an Oracle server</description>
          <type>org.idmunit.connector.Oracle</type>
          <server>jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.1.119:1526:REMEDY01</server>
          <user>idmunit</user>
          <password>B2vPD2UsfKc=</password>
          <keystore-path/>
          <multiplier>
              <retry>0</retry>
              <wait>0</wait>
          </multiplier>
          <substitutions>
              <substitution>
                  <replace/>
                  <new/>
              </substitution>
              </substitutions>
      </connection>

Note that the type field specifies the type of IdMUnit connector (we currently have classes posted for Oracle, and DB2 on iSeries.  We'll be posting our generic JDBC driver shorty which has the ability to connect to MS SQL Server 2000/2005, MySQL, etc.).

The server field contains the actual JDBC URL used to connect to the target server, and database instance.  This can generally be obtained from your Novell IDM driver configuration.

I'll update Subversion (this projects source repository) to include an updated idmunit-config.xml file to include this example, as well as examples for DB2 and MS SQL Server.  Over the coming days I'll also add some scrubbed spreadsheets that will show examples of how to work against a JDBC system in an IdMUnit spreadsheet.  Really the only difference is that you have a new verb called execSQL which will execute the SQL statement defined in an “sql” column.  Note that for validateObject you would place a select statement in the SQL column.  All SQL statements are NOT terminated by semi-colon in the spreadsheet.

You'll be able to browse the source repository to download the new spreadsheet examples by clicking on Code --> SVN Browse --> myTests --> org --> idmunit -->  then the desired spreadsheet name --> download the latest version.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Brent

• Brent Kynaston

Brent Kynaston - 2007-02-21

I've gone ahead and updated the SubVersion (SVN) repository to contain a very simple, scrubbed test spreadsheet for Oracle.  Note that it uses the verb validateObject to read data from Oracle.  You can also use the verb execSQL to execute insert/update/delete statements.

Regards,

Brent

• Anuvab Ghosh

Anuvab Ghosh - 2014-08-28

I want to create the user in Oracle, and then validate/check in Novell eDirectory through IdMUnit.
    Is it possible with the IdMUnit?
    If possible, what is the procedure?

• Brent Kynaston

Brent Kynaston - 2014-08-29

That is absolutely possible Anuvab! You can execute any SQL command or stored procedure through IdMUnit and then perform the necessary validations down-stream. Simply compose the SQL statement that will generate the row or user in the Oracle system. Then use the LDAP connector to verify the user down-stream.

Does this help?

• Anuvab Ghosh

Anuvab Ghosh - 2014-09-01

I've faced an error like
    org.idmunit.IdMUnitException: Specified target connection module not found: org.idmunit.connector.Oracle
    at org.idmunit.ConnectorManager.setupConnector(Unknown Source)
    at org.idmunit.ConnectorManager.setUp(Unknown Source)
    at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:18)
    at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
    at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
    at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
    at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)

How to get the org.idmunit.connector.Oracle?

Last edit: Anuvab Ghosh 2014-09-01
  • Huston Franklin

Huston Franklin - 2014-09-04

The Oracle IdMUnit connector is not part of the Open Source release.

• Anuvab Ghosh

Anuvab Ghosh - 2014-09-08

then how to solve the problem?
    I should create the Oracle.java/Oracle connector?
    but how to write code for Oracle?
    Please I need any sample or example to solve the issue.