Menu

SQL Connectors

Help
Rob S.
2007-02-01
2013-04-23
  • Rob S.

Rob S. - 2007-02-01

Do any of the connectors provided allow for injecting data into SQL databases?  I'm assuming the Oracle connector is one, but how about for MS/SQL or MySQL?

Thanks,
    Rob

• Brent Kynaston

Brent Kynaston - 2007-02-06

Rob,

Sorry for the late reply - we're very busy!  We generally try to respond to these forums at least every couple days.

Yes - currently there are JDBC connectors for Oracle and DB2 on iSeries included with the project.  This week you'll also see a more generic JDBC connector added that will be more appropriate for a variety of JDBC interfaces, like MS/SQL and MySQL.  Note that such updates are updated in the Subversion source repository.  In order to get the latest code you can check out the project using a SubVersion client (such as TortoiseSVN http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads and use check the source out from this URL:
      https://idmunit.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/idmunit ).  We'll be cutting another official release version of IdMUnit when Designer 2.0 goes live.

Regards,

Brent

• Mick

Mick - 2007-06-06

We here would dearly like a generic SQL connector. I haven't seen it in SVN. Do you have a timeframe for it's release?

• Brent Kynaston

Brent Kynaston - 2007-06-22

Mick -

We're working to include the vanilla JDBC connector in the IdMUnit 2.0 release which is just around the corner.  There are a number of additional features and enhancements that will be released at this time as well, such as the ability to add multi-valued attributes during an addObject, LDAP search filter support, wild-carding, alerting, and other highly requested features.  We'll keep you posted!

BTW - Today you can copy the Oracle class and specialize it for any relational JDBC over JDBC (types 2, 3 and 4).  Let us know if you need to move on this prior to the IdMUnit 2.0 release.

Thanks,

Brent

• Phil Cook

Phil Cook - 2008-08-06

So I've been monitoring the SVN repository and still see nothing about MS SQL class. If I were to copy the Oracle class, what specialization is required?

• Brent Kynaston

Brent Kynaston - 2008-08-07

We include with the commercial version of IdMUnit that works for all released versions of MS SQL Server.  We've used it also with DB2, Oracle, MySQL and a variety of other relational databases.  You're welcome to specialize the sample Oracle connector to support other systems.

• Phil Cook

Phil Cook - 2008-08-07

Any suggestions on how to "specialize" the Oracle connector to talk to something else?