Release 0.0.15 of Idle Server Finder includes client enhancements as well as minor adjustments.
Changes in this release include:
* An alternate configuration file can be indicated via an option to the client.
* A sample configuration file has been added with short explanations of each option.
* The main configuration file, idleserver.conf, is now a YAML formatted file.
* Ignored processes are now defined in the configuration file.
* The ignored_processes_and_children option has been added.
* The ignored_processes_and_children and ignored_processes option now accept the 'ALL' username for ignoring processes regardless of the user.
* The keep_root_processes option has been changed to ignore_root_processes.
* The client now checks potential alternate usernames and truncated process names where applicable-- ps process names are limited to 15 characters due to its use of /proc/pid/stat; ps converts usernames longer than 8 characters to UIDs; last only displays usernames up to their 8th character.
* The parent of the running idleserver client process is automatically ignored.
Documentation contained in the configuration file will be added to the sourceforge wiki shortly.
Log in to post a comment.