Metadata overlapping with other open streams in song history

Help
mononcx
2016-11-07
2018-07-27
  • mononcx

mononcx - 2016-11-07

Hi there,

We are using Shoutcast v2 and since I am using IDJC 0.8.7 the medata constantly conflicts with the other DJ's after kicking the source and taking over. This only happens with an active source using IDJC all other DJ's have no issues with the Winamp source. This not only affects the song history but also the current song metadata.

I first thought it was a Shoutcast bug and I posted on the forums but this doesn't seem like a known issue.

I also noticed sometimes IDJC indicates my stream is still up after other DJ's take over and my stream is not active.

Anyone else experienced these conflicts with IDJC and Shoutcast v2? Is there any way to fix this? Should I create a bug report?

Many thanks.

• mononcx

mononcx - 2017-01-21

Just for info, this issue seems to be caused by the libshout library that doesn't support Shoutcast v2. I tested with Mixxx that also depends on libshout and I have the same issue. The bug is also reported here.

libshout developers are apparently not planning to support Shoutcast v2 and I don't want to downgrade to v1 either so we may consider migrating to Icecast instead...

• mononcx

mononcx - 2017-01-21

For those who may have the same issue there is a workaround explained here.

It's very simple and only requires to append ':#1' at the end of the client password (without the quotes) where the number stands for the stream ID.

• Moonbase

Moonbase - 2018-07-27

Good find, thanks @mononcx! (I still prefer Icecast or even Liquidsoap solutions, but you don’t always have the chance.)