Menu

Audio won't play

Help
2016-10-16
2016-10-16
  • Yan Thériault

Yan Thériault - 2016-10-16

In short. Any audio I put in IDJC won't play. just nothing. The scroll bar doesn't even move.

I've been running IDJC for over 7 years now. I had the same setup and config for more than 3 years without updating or touching anything. So I had this 3 y/o version of IDJC running on an old version of Xubuntu. I wanted to refresh my setup so I swiped everything to do a clean install of everything. Bad idea.... I'm a total ignorant when it comes to Linux core stuff. Sorry about that. Is that something someone here can relate or help me fix in an easy fashion?

• Stephen Fairchild

Probably an old bug probably best fixed by downgrading to an older version of mutagen. I think version 1.10.1 would be the correct one.

https://github.com/quodlibet/mutagen/tree/release-1.10.1

You can confirm it if you examine console output from trying to play some audio. This bug I am thinking of is mp3 file specific. The console output would look like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/idjc/site-packages/idjc/playergui.py", line 2780, in cb_toggle
        self.handle_play_button(widget, widget.get_active())
      File "/usr/lib/idjc/site-packages/idjc/playergui.py", line 1605, in handle_play_button
        if self.player_startup():
      File "/usr/lib/idjc/site-packages/idjc/playergui.py", line 1711, in player_startup
        self.gain = float(sgain)
    ValueError: could not convert string to float: None

• Yan Thériault

Yan Thériault - 2016-10-16

Thank you very much Stepĥen!! Will make some test on an another machine. Was just too ruhed so I reinstalled all my old "everything".. Xubuntu 14, and an older version of IDJC to get trough this week shows. Will retry next weekend if my "test machine" works fine.