Track Length time display is wrong

Help
Chae Riley
2012-10-21
2013-06-03
  • Chae Riley

Chae Riley - 2012-10-21

Hi Yah,
    Come across a strange one…not all the time but the majority of it; lets say out of a playlist of say 30 songs IDJC will show the track length totally wrong. For example I know a track is say 3.20 IDJC will show 7.10 or similar, I've even had a few 12" tracks of say 8 mins long showing as 15 mins. The songs been played have all derived from different sources for our radio show, from CD's, recorded from vinyl and also from artists direct.

Has anyone else come across this?

Using IDJC 0.8.7, running on an AMD 64 bit PC with Linux Cinnamon as OS - 8 Gb Ram

• Stephen Fairchild

I would like to have a copy of one of these files.

• Chae Riley

Chae Riley - 2012-10-25

Hi Yah,

Can you give me your email address & I'll send some to you

• Chae Riley

Chae Riley - 2012-10-26

Forget the above bug report, found the problem…
    If we record vinyl to Windows 7 using Polderbits Recorder 64bit then no problem with audio track times, if we then switch over to our Linux box connect the decks up record the same 7" using "Audio Recorder" the track is say 3.20 but after recording & opening up it'll show 5.12 !!!!!!!  Tried another test with Audio Recorder instead of using mp3 we changed to mp4 - all audio players had problems reading the file it saved.

So back to using a Windows box to record & the Linux for DJ'ing unless someone knows of a Linux Polderbits equiv ?

Regards

Chae

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks