Padi Phillips - 2019-09-26

I used to regularly use IDJC to broadcast a stream back in 2010 - 2012 and it was a breeze to set up. Wanting to do this again, I installed IDJC and jacd and attempted to set it up using this tutorial, which is very clear and straightforward: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1434555&highlight=idjc Trying to use that very clear tutorial gets me nowhere now - and to be quite honest, I'm now clueless as to how to set it all up. All the tutorials I've found online are hoplessly out of date, as do the instructions on the IDJC help site. Is there a simple, step-by-step tutorial to get IDJC up and running without having to be a second-guessing geek? To be quite honest, the information in the IDJC site might just as well be hieroglyphics. Most of us want as simple a method of getting it going using, if at all possible a GUI. In my case, all I want to do is broadcast my stream to a Shoutcast server. I'm at present using Mixxx, but I far prefer the great useablity of IDJC, (that is if I can manage to get it set up).

Why the radical changes? It often seems to me that far too much change is change for changes sake rather than any inherent improvemtents they might bring. I'm told that pulseaudio is the reason for it now being more dificult to set up, if so, why no clear and concise tutorial? I know there are video tutorials on YouTube, but the quality of those tutorials leaves a heck of a lot to be desired in 90%+ of the time - and I personally am old school and much prefer to see it written down in front of me.

Sorry about the bit of a rant, but I'd really, really like to be using IDJC again.