Menu

University

2022-02-11
2022-02-12
  • Christos Lymousis

Hello, my name is Christos, I am a university student and I would like to , make a Software Requirements Specification in your project for educational purposes. If you do not want to let me know ,

• Stephen Fairchild

So you want to write a specification retroactively for a pretend customer so you can then pretend you wrote IDJC in response to the document???

As the original customer I never wrote it down but it went like this.... Two players, a crossfader, two mixing paths for the DJ and the stream. Shoutcast and Icecast streaming. VoIP phone-in capability. JACK audio connection kit.

As for the final product, the dependencies are listed here:
    https://idjc.sourceforge.io/install_build.html
    And the hardware requirements: A computer running Linux either directly or on a virtual machine. A high specification PC from 20 years ago should meet the hardware requirements although some have attempted and failed to run the software on early model Raspberry Pi single board computers.

Anyway I will not raise an objection to your making a study as that would be outside the spirit of Free Software.
    From gnu.org:

What is Free Software?
    “Free software” means software that respects users' freedom and community. Roughly, it means that the users have the freedom to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software.

A formal specification does not belong in the official documentation as all of the users have differing use cases. Instead I have casually described the feature set and provided screenshots.