Xchat announcements

2012-02-21
2013-06-03
  • Brian Millham

Brian Millham - 2012-02-21

I'm playing with the latest development version of IDJC, and it looks like you've removed the Xchat announcement integration? I hope that you are planning on adding that back, as I make use of it.

Also, I thought that you were adding an actual IRC chat window to IDJC. Was I wrong, or did you give up on that idea.

I still LOVE IDJC, and thanks so much for your continued work on it. 

Now I have to work on integrating my heavily modified version of IDJC to the new codebase :)

• Brian Millham

Brian Millham - 2012-02-21

Forgot to mention - The latest version of IDJC from git works just fine on Ubuntu 11.10 with the Unity desktop.

• Stephen Fairchild

It's gone but not without a replacement. Output->Configuration->IRC. You will need to install python-irclib for it to work. It interacts with NickServ and is very aggressive about channel recovery. Supports CTCP, SSL.

It's better than the old XChat integration because each radio server connection has it's own IRC settings and is not limited in the number of IRC server connections. Channel users can do stuff like "/ctcp idjc played" for a list of recently played tracks. There's no chat window. I think there are too many windows as it is.

The Git version isn't currently stable so be careful.

• Johan

Johan - 2012-04-26

yes I seen this, but where and how can i add the channel of the server i use?

• Stephen Fairchild

You add a server then add messages by clicking on Track Announce or one of the other three options, click New, then add the channel or channels to the dialog box along with the message and click OK.

Channels will be joined immediately but messages will only be sent after streaming has started.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks