Menu

Having trouble with microphone and Jack

2021-08-14
2021-09-19
  • Kyle Rickards

Kyle Rickards - 2021-08-14

Hi

So I have successfully installed IDJC 0.9.1 and Linux Mint 20.2 on a presnters machine so he can broadcast from home however I am now coming stuck with my external usb microphone. I have a HyperX which I have working in JACK and seems to be working for IDJC and is broadcasting but when I use my other external USB Mic I am getting no sound on the meters. Both work outside of IDJC and I am able to record in Audacity and things. Is anybody able to give me pointers or things I could check so I could get him running at all?

• Brian Millham

Brian Millham - 2021-09-19

Are you trying to use both mics? If so, you need to use alsa_in to make the second mic available in Jack.

• Stephen Fairchild

In QjackCtl Setup->Settings->Advanced->Input Device are there options pertaining to the problem microphone? It is possible that there are multiple options and in that case it is worth trying each of them.

Or it could be that the problem mic is exposing captured audio on the right channel of a stereo interface with pure silence on the left. This can be fixed in the JACK audio routing.

• Kyle Rickards

Kyle Rickards - 2021-09-19

Ah I got it thank you, it was to do with the Frames/Period and Periods/Buffer not being set high enough - by increasing those bit by bit, I resolved it. It's tricky because each JACK set up is slightly different for each user but I will get there - thank you though. (I should have said I was only using one of the USB mics at once)