I would like to propose the following API for: ICU 51
Please provide feedback by: Tuesday, 2012-11-27 (Proposed ICU PMC review
Designated API reviewer: Steven
There is no way to get the ID of time zone used by a UCalendar in C API.
(Note: You can do this using C++ API, Calendar::getTimeZone followed by
This is a hole of ucal_XXX APIs.
I propose ucal_getTimeZoneID for ICU4C 51 as below -
* Get the ID of the UCalendar's time zone.
* @param cal The UCalendar to query.
* @param result Receives the UCalendar's time zone ID.
* @param resultLength The maximum size of result.
* @param status Receives the status.
* @return The total buffer size needed; if greater than
resultLength, the output was truncated.
* @draft ICU 51
U_DRAFT int32_t U_EXPORT2
ucal_getTimeZoneID( const UCalendar *cal,
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.