Menu

Faster FPS?

Help
2003-08-14
2003-08-15
  • Luca Spiller

Luca Spiller - 2003-08-14

I am trying to record replays from a game, and this is the best software I have found. The only problem is I want to record about 20 frames per second, at a minimum of 640x480. The config file though looks far to complicated, and whenever I try and change something it crashed.

Please can someone give me a sample.

Thanks
    Luca Spiller

• Robert Sanders

Robert Sanders - 2003-08-15

Depends on what output you are aiming at:

Try both of these, as if your video card has a 32 bit rendering pipeline then recording at 32 bit color will be much less CPU intensive.
      1.a  [v_RESOLUTION]=640,480,16 
      1.b  [v_RESOLUTION]=640,480,32 

The Microsoft Video Codec is an old, standard codec; however several newer codecs can be used that result in higher framerate - try http://www.rendersoftware.com/products/camstudio/codecs.htm  for a free codec - note that you probably want to re-encode afterward to produce output that is playable on a wider variety of machine. The config entry would look like:
      [v_fccHANDLER]=CSCD

Some of the other parameters may need to be adjusted to fit, however internally the program should calculate these.

We are please you are trying our software; please note that this release uses the Windows GDI to capture screen frames.  We are considering the possiblity of refactoring the internals, which would allow us to implement a DirectX capture alternative which would be much faster, and probably more suitable for game capture.