64-bit support

Developers
KavaSoft
2009-08-29
2013-04-26
  • KavaSoft

KavaSoft - 2009-08-29

Greetings,

We're using IconFamily in five of our shipping applications. We'd like to convert all of our applications to 64-bit, but those that link to IconFamily won't compile for x86_64.

Am I correct that IconFamily is simply a wrapper for Carbon code that will stay 32-bit, so there isn't be a way to compile the framework as 64-bit? Are compiling for 64-bit and creating custom icons mutually exclusive? Are there any possible workarounds?

Best regards,

Andrew
    KavaSoft

• Peter Hosey

Peter Hosey - 2010-01-09

The only API that IconFamily 0.9.3 uses that isn't available on 64-bit is Scrap Manager. I've just committed a change I wrote back in 2008 to replace the Scrap Manager code with NSPasteboard code. Thus, IconFamily (trunk HEAD) is now 64-bit clean.

• Troy Stephens

Troy Stephens - 2010-01-11

Thank you boredzo for the 64-bit changes, and my apologies to Andrew for not noticing his question sooner.  Indeed, replacing the Scrap Manager API usage was the main obstacle to 64-bit compatibility.

I'll try to package these changes up into a 0.9.4 source release soon, but in the meantime the trunk sources appear good and stable, and can be obtained using svn:

svn co https://iconfamily.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/iconfamily/trunk

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks