metainfo

Help
Rebel Yell
2004-06-29
2013-04-30
  • Rebel Yell

Rebel Yell - 2004-06-29

Hi there,

i was wondering, maybe i miss something in the config file, is it possible to show the details from
    the id3 tag instead of the file name?

Thanks!

• Antonio Di Monaco

IceGenerator 0.5.5 in on way ... ID3 and other META
      informations will be availabile, and they will be fully
      customizable.

Stay tuned.

• Anonymous - 2004-11-01

Any news on 0.5.5 ?  Looking forward to ID3 integration.

• Antonio Di Monaco

ID3 support is finished. As soon as POSIX mutex implementation and regular expressions support are added, I'll post new version.

• Anonymous - 2004-11-02

In IceMetal, is it possible to mix strings and multiple ID3 tags on one line?

For example:

PRINT "Title:" ID3LEADARTIST "-" ID3TITLE

I tried it, but it looks like the line is ignored.

• Antonio Di Monaco

Hey, don't run too fast! :-D

No, it isn't possible
        IceMetaL is actually a simple language .. if everything goes well, I'll try to extend it like you suggested. Bugfix is now much more important.

• Anonymous - 2004-11-03

I'm using icegenerator to stream to a Shoutcast server.  METAUPDATE is set to 10, and what I'm noticing in the Shoutcast Song History is every 10 seconds, it thinks a new song is being played.  And it lists the song title as whatever icegenerator sent in that corresponding METAUPDATE.  So I have this:

13:37:36    My Company
      13:37:26    Album Name
      13:37:16    Song Title
      13:37:06    Artist Name
      13:36:56    My Radio Station
      13:36:46    My URL
      13:36:36    My Company
      13:36:26    Album Name
      13:36:16    Song Title
      13:36:06    Artist Name

(i replaced the actual values, but you get the idea)

Do you think this is a problem with the meta data coming from icegen, or with Shoutcast ?

• Antonio Di Monaco

Try to see if a streaming client (like Winamp or XMMS) acts correctly. If so, it's a Shoutcast problem (to be clear, I don't think it's a problem, just a way to be). Otherwise report me that, I'll try to fix.

• Anonymous - 2004-11-11

Winamp and itunes get the title updates, but ShoutCast think's each METAUPDATE is a new song title.  I also tried this with Icecast and it behaves the same way. The Current Song keeps changing each time a METAUPDATE is sent.

• Antonio Di Monaco

That's not a bug, just the way it is.

META info was born to notify clients about current song's title. I've extended their use with dynamic messages. But Shoutcast/IceCast and any other streaming server read them as songs' titles. So if you need that your META info are correct in Shoutcast directory or other public sources that use META info, stop using METAUPDATE.

• Anonymous - 2004-11-11

OK, with metaupdate set to 0, all that comes through is the Radio Station name.  Any way to get the song title (for example, "Radiohead - Karma Police") from the ID3 tag to show up ?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks