Menu

Paulstretch compilation problem

Help
Darek
2007-04-14
2013-05-14
  • Darek

Darek - 2007-04-14

I have tried to compile Linux version of 'Paulstretch' ./compile_linux_kissfft.sh
    but it stops with this in console:
    ------------------------
    PAaudiooutput.cpp:29: error: 'PaTimestamp' has not been declared
    PAaudiooutput.cpp: In function 'void PAaudiooutputinit(Player*, int)':
    PAaudiooutput.cpp:40: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(void*, void*, long unsigned int, int, void*)' to 'void*'
    /usr/include/portaudio.h:854: error: too many arguments to function 'PaError Pa_OpenDefaultStream(PaStream**, int, int, PaSampleFormat, double, long unsigned int, int (*)(const void*, void*, long unsigned int, const PaStreamCallbackTimeInfo*, PaStreamCallbackFlags, void*), void*)'
    PAaudiooutput.cpp:40: error: at this point in file
    ------------------------

./compile_linux_fftw.sh gives the same result.

I would appreciate any help as 'Paulstretch' is fine, little piece of software (I did compile it sometime ago but like you see, I can't now).

Thanks.

• Louigi Verona

Louigi Verona - 2009-10-26

Same here - I am using GNU/Linux and I cannot compile the software. Otherwise it sounds fantastic!

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2009-12-07

While looking for information regarding binaural beats, I stumbled upon this tool. The audio sample sounded very interesting and really wanted to mess with this application.

Unfortunately, it can not be compiled on Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit for now. I would appreciate it to have a working version. Also, I think Linux users would prefer it, if the GUI was separated from the application. There are plenty of them, who use a command line only application called SBaGen.