The latest maintenance release of Hyperic HQ, version 3.0.3, is now available. This version is a minor release that primarily addresses performance improvements to Dashboard and Browse Resources pages and fixes auto-discovery for MySQL, WebSphere, WebLogic and iPlanet.
For more details on the release, see the release notes on the Hyperic wiki: http://support.hyperic.com/confluence/display/DOCSHQ30/Release+Notes... read more
Get the main release here - http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=172556&package_id=216642
Plugin Developers, get the PDK here - http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=172556&package_id=224176
For docs, go to http://support.hyperic.com/
And for discussion forums, go to http://forums.hyperic.com/
The HQ subversion repository is now mirrored on SourceForge.net - 'svn co https://hyperic-hq.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/hyperic-hq hyperic-hq'
At long last, I have separated out the HQ plugins dev kit into a separate package. This contains the Java dev environment as well as all of the free plugins that we offer, including VMware, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBoss, and a host of others. We also recently released a plugin for SugarCRM. When you open up the XML, you'll see for yourself just how simple writing HQ plugins is.
Hyperic has released the first update to HQ 3.0.
Like 3.0.0, the 3.0.1 release does not require an upgrade to the HQ agents. Both 2.7.x and 3.0.0 agents are compatible with the 3.0.1 server release.... read more
We're marching closer to release! Check out HQ 3.0.0 rc1 - http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=172556&package_id=216642
This is the last of the 2.7.x series.
Changes in 2.7.7
* All built-in JRE's have been updated to 1.4.2_13 to account for changes in daylight savings time. * Added support for Postgres 8.2 * Fixed issue where Control actions would not complete in the UI. * Fixed issue in the agent that could result in measurements not being collected on time.
Upgrading from prior 2.7 releases
To upgrade the server from a prior 2.7 release, run the installer with the -upgrade flag. Make sure your existing HQ has been shutdown before upgrading.... read more
This beta fixes UI bugs for IE users, as well as some other bugs re: UI, alert escalation and auto-discovery plugins.
Download here - http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=172556&package_id=216642
Find the changelog here - http://support.hyperic.com/confluence/display/DOC/Release+Notes
Give feedback here - http://forums.hyperic.com/jiveforums/forum.jspa?forumID=14
The first binary beta bundles have been released for the impending HQ 3.0. Get them at http://sourceforge.net/projects/hyperic-hq/
Lots of great new features for the most comprehensive IT management toolkit: http://support.hyperic.com/confluence/display/DOC/Release+Notes
Sorry about that, but the x86 Linux binary of 2.7.6 was corrupted. It has now been replaced by something that actually works :)
We have released another maintenance release for Hyperic HQ - 2.7.6.
Although mostly a maintenance release, there is one very exciting addition: the availability of an open source plugin for VMware.
You can find the release notes at http://support.hyperic.com/confluence/display/DOCSHQ27/Release+Notes
For Hyperic forums:
And of course, to download:
Hyperic is pleased to announce the latest version of the open source IT management platform, Hyperic HQ 2.7.5.
Download Hyperic HQ: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/hyperic-hq/
Note that existing customers of the enterprise subscription should consult with Hyperic support before contemplating an upgrade. For almost all customers, we recommend sticking with HQ 2.6.x, as bug fixes are maintained in both the 2.6 and 2.7 series.... read more
We are pleased to announce the general availability of Hyperic HQ 2.7.4. You may download this release from the http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/hyperic-hq .
Please read the release notes:
As always, report any issues on at http://jira.hyperic.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&pid=10022
Hyperic has released HQ version 2.7.3, the second release under the GPL. Whereas 2.7.2 was a source-only release, this latest release includes binaries for many platforms: Linux AMD64, Linux x86, Win 32, OSX PPC, and HPUX PA-RISC, as well as a cross-platform binary that assumes you have an installed JRE.
This demonstrates HQ's flexibility to run on multiple platforms.
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=172556... read more
Greetings fellow Hypericons,
You'll be happy to note that we now have a live subversion repository for HQ:
To browse the source tree, go here:
Hyperic HQ - http://www.hyperic.org/ - consolidates common management tasks without sacrificing depth of manageability for any technology, enabling you to get better control over your IT infrastructure.
- Auto-Discover all your software and hardware
- Accurately model and display the relationships between your hardware, software, and services
- Detect every aspect of your hardware and software automatically, including memory, CPU, disk and network devices, and version and configuration information
- Generate events about any change in configuration or key attributes of any managed resource and use it to alert administrators
- Monitor every layer of your infrastructure
- Collect real-time and historical metrics from production hardware, network and application layers of your infrastructure without invasive instrumentation
- Define intelligent alerts which help you anticipate problems before they cause outages
- Compare and correlate metrics for different resources with customizable indicator views that help you understand interactions between them
- Get an up-to-date view of every resource in your inventory
- Check the health of your hardware and software resources from a single, easy-to-navigate view
- Create groups to help manage and measure the health of large environments
- Chart the last eight hours of key metrics for individual resources or groups to quickly assess the state of your environment