Panorama stitching and more. A powerful software package for creation and processing of panoramic images.
A hugin-2009.2.0_beta3 (beta release 3) tarball is available here:
This is a beta release, i.e. it may not work for you. The current Hugin 2009.2 release codeline is reported to work on Linux, Windows and OS X, however some experimental functionalities may not work and the final release is likely to have further bugfixes and minor feature enhancements.
CALL FOR TRANSLATORS
In particular, most translations haven't been updated since 0.8.0, so this release isn't fully internationalised yet. There are less than 30 new strings to translate so it isn't a big job this time. Start at
With the new release process it is possible for the final version to be released without updated translations. Updated translations that don't make the cut will be used in future releases.
MAJOR CHANGES SINCE 0.8.0:
* GPU accelerated stitching. Highly experimental. Activate from Files -> Preferences -> Stitching. Depends on a combination of hardware, driver, input images and other factors. Details will be posted in the Hugin FAQ <http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ#GPU-stitching_.28nona.29g>
* Improved Preferences panel (Control Point Detectors) - OSX version uses its own plugin control point detectors architecture.
* Improved control of stitching process (Stitcher tab). Hugin now features an additional Exposure fusion -> Blended and fused panorama output option, useful when it is not possible to keep exposure and white balance constant between shots. Tutorial at <http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/auto-exposure/>
* Fast Preview shows control points connected with lines - the longest the line the worse the quality (except for vertical and horizontal control lines).
* Lots of bugfixes, lots of new bugs.
See README, ChangeLog and INSTALL_cmake for more information.
This release is tagged in the subversion repository as /hugin/releases/tag/2009.2.0_beta3 at revision 4340.
SHA1SUM: 0b8d64282a35e241d87828be276dbeb4b2929ebe hugin-2009.2.0_beta3.tar.gz
Recent Hugin binary installers for testing are provided by the users communities and can be found here:
Log in to post a comment.