From: Sam Tregar <sam@tr...> - 2006-06-02 23:25:21
Krang v2.005 is now available. Notable changes in this release and in
v2.004, which never received a proper announcement:
* Added enforcement of permissions at the application and run-mode
level rather than just at the UI level. [Michael Peters]
* Fixed Xinha link-munging so that you can now use the WYSIWYG
editor to create links and images. Full-screen mode now works
properly. [Jesse Erlbaum]
* Added a new configuration parameter, Charset. This may be used to
control the character set for the Krang user-interface. [Sam]
* Numerous improvements to the addon system. [Bodo Schulze]
* Upgraded to HTML::Template::Expr v0.07, providing a better
expression syntax and some bug-fixes. [Sam and Michael Peters]
* Added new primitive, Krang::ElementClass::CheckBoxGroup,
which integrates with Krang's lists system, in addition
to permitting simple values. [Jesse Erlbaum]
* Added new option "--makecats" to krang_upload_media and
krang_upload_templates. When specified, missing categories will
be created in the CMS. [Jesse Erlbaum]
* Many bugs are now fixed.
Detailed change-log here: http://krang.sf.net/docs/changelog.html
Krang is an Open Source web-publisher / content-management system
designed for large-scale magazine-style websites. It is a 100% Perl
application using Apache/mod_perl and MySQL, as well as numerous CPAN
Krang provides a powerful and easy to use story and media editing
environment for website editors, as well as a complete template
development environment for web designers. On the back-end, Perl
programmers can customize Krang to control the data entered in the
story editor and add code to drive the templates to build output.
Krang can be enhanced with add-ons containing new skins and other new
features. Krang easily handles large data sets and can manage
multiple websites in a single installation.
For more information about Krang, visit the Krang website:
There you can download Krang, view screenshots, read documentation,
join our mailing-lists and access the CVS tree.
- the Krang team
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.