We're pleased to announce that version 2.004 of Krang is now available. This release
is comprised of several enhancements and bug fixes. Of note are improvements
to the permissioning system, an improved version of HTML::Template::Expr and
Notable changes in this release:
* Added enforcement of permissions at the application and run-mode level rather
than just at the UI link level.
* Added support for multiple word action names in admin scheduler.
* Added new Krang list system primitive, Krang::ElementClass::CheckBoxGroup.
* Decoupled processing of assets from publish_story() and preview_story()
allowing for future subclassing into Krang::Publisher::Parallel simply
redefine _process_assets() and _process_preview_assets()
* Added a new configuration parameter, Charset. This may be used to
control the character set for the Krang user-interface
* Upgraded HTML::Template::Expr to version 0.06 - now supports chained binary
* Fixed bug in Krang::ElementClass::ListGroup and Krang::ElementClass::RadioGroup such that associated ListItems will now be automatically added to the DataSet.
* Fixed bug in Krang::ElementClass::Date where date would change if KDS
was exported from a machine in one time zone and imported on a machine
in an earlier time zone.
For more information about Krang, visit the Krang website:
There you can download Krang, view screenshots, read documentation,
join our mailing-lists and access the CVS tree.
Detailed change-log here: http://krang.sf.net/docs/changelog.html
Krang is an Open Source web-publisher / content-management system
designed for large-scale magazine-style websites. It is a 100% Perl
application using Apache/mod_perl and MySQL, as well as numerous CPAN
Krang provides a powerful and easy to use story and media editing
environment for magazine editors, as well as a complete template
development environment for web designers. On the back-end, Perl
programmers can customize Krang to control the data entered in the
story editor and add code to drive the templates to build
output. Krang can be enhanced with add-ons containing new skins and
other new features. Krang easily handles large data sets and can
manage multiple websites in a single installation.
- the Krang team