Menu

High CPU usage

Henrik
2004-01-14
2004-04-21
  • Henrik

Henrik - 2004-01-14

When HT editor is running, the processor usage is at 100%. It seems the csrss.exe application is partly responsible for this. (Csrss is responsible for console windows, creating and/or deleting threads, and some parts of the 16-bit virtual MS-DOS environment.)

Have tried the latest version (0.7.4) and an older version (0.4.3) but with the same result.

The older version takes about 25% of CPU resources while the newer one takes about 50%. The csrss.exe application takes up the remaining CPU resources left.

I also noticed that version 0.4.3 makes it's screen flicker alot like it is refreshing itself many times a second. Just seems like an intense task to do.

Is this normal or is there something wrong with my setup? No other win32 DOS-app does this though.

I am running Windows 2000 sp3.

• Henrik

Henrik - 2004-04-05

Have tested the new 0.7.5, and the problem persists.

• Stefan Weyergraf

Confirmed. I used to run linux all the time and I had to shut it down to boot Windows and test such things.
      Now I've got vmware and access to multiple windows versions. We are working on both problems (high cpu usage and redraw flickering)

• Henrik

Henrik - 2004-04-21

Just to report and inform you guys, the new ht-0.8.0pre1-win32-i386 version has resolved the high CPU usage problem that I had.
      Thanks alot. :-)