Forwarded message from derekn@... (Derek Noonburg):
I've just released a new version of xpdf, my Portable Document Format
(PDF) viewer for X.
Xpdf runs under the X Window System on Unix, VMS, and OS/2. The non-X
components of the package (pdftops, pdftotext, etc.) also run on Win32
* Embed TrueType fonts in PostScript output. (Added a "-noembtt" flag
* Implement PDF 1.4 (128-bit) decryption.
* Bump supported PDF version number to 1.4.
* Text output for Simplified Chinese. [Thanks to Cheung Siu Fai.]
* Read an app-defaults file for Xpdf. Read a system-wide config file
(<prefix>/etc/xpdfrc) if ~/.xpdfrc doesn't exist.
* Accept and verify owner password; if correct, allow all actions.
* Added a "-level2sep" option to pdftops to generate Level 2 separable
PostScript. The PostScript separation convention operators are used
to handle custom (spot) colors. [Thanks to Thomas Freitag for help
* Add support for FreeType 2 to the configure script. Warning: this
requires FT 2.0.5 or newer (see the INSTALL file for details).
See the `CHANGES' file for a complete list.
Source (C++ and C) is available, and it should be fairly easy to
compile for UNIX, VMS, OS/2, and Win32.
More information, source code, and precompiled binaries are on the
xpdf web page and ftp site:
Source and Linux binaries are on sunsite.unc.edu, currently in
the incoming directory, but they will be moved to: