I am happy to announce that I solve most of the problems that my patch
brought into ht://Dig sources before I came to Australia.
Now I can successfully run 'make check' on all of the compile farm's
workstations (except Darwin, where I don't have an account - I used to!).
Here is the summary:
- AMD64 Linux 2.4;
- Alpha Linux 2.2;
- RedHat Linux 7.3 (Kernel 2.4);
- SPARC Ultra60 Linux 2.4;
- Sparc - R220 Sun Solaris (5.8).
Basically, what I have done is to get rid of the 'partial' replacement
functions I had put into the sources because they caused linkage problems
under Solaris; maybe, in the future, we could think of adding replacement
functions as the GNU Lib portability project suggests.
I also had a problem when compiling a not shared libstdc++ under
Solaris, and I had to slightly change the configure scripts in order to add
the '-mimpure-text' linker flag for GCC.
Finally I just tried and make the 'make dist' feature work, as we've
never made it work under ht://Dig - AFAIK.
In order to make it work, I had to modify some Makefile.am files and
change the htdoc/cf_generate.pl in order to accept a parameter holding the
name of the top source directory. There are other things that need to be
fixed, especially as far as the 'test' and 'libhtdig' directories are
concerned. I will post some specific messages afterwards anyway - as they
are not *urgent*.
Please let me know if everything is ok, especially under Mac OSX which
I haven't been able to test.
Ciao and thanks,
Gabriele Bartolini: Web Programmer, ht://Dig & IWA/HWG Member, ht://Check
Current Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
bartolini@... | http://www.prato.linux.it/~gbartolini | ICQ#129221447
> "Leave every hope, ye who enter!", Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy, The