I had troubles with accented characters an a host running solaris9.
FAQ item 5.8 recommends running testlocale.c
The system has only very basic locale support installed:
$ locale -a
$ ./testlocale iso_8859_1
indeed shows characters 192 through 255 as accented letters.
However htdig didn't index words with accented letters.
Comparing the sources of testlocale.c and htlib/Configuration.cc
I found that testlocale.c ist using
but htlib/Configuration.cc is using
this call fails with the iso_8859_1 locale.
I changed htlib/Configuration.cc to use setlocale(LC_CTYPE) as well.
Bingo, htdig now works as expected.
Bernd 'Bing' Leibing Computing Center, University of Ulm, Germany
Email: <bernd.leibing@...> Tel. 0731-50-22516
Homepage (PGP-Key): http://www.uni-ulm.de/~leibing O26/5215
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.