Readonly DB on CD

Help
2002-08-05
2014-01-19
  • Nobody/Anonymous

How to open a HSQL-DB stored on CDs with the new driver version 1.70 with "unique indeces that are not "unique" in names?

• Fred Toussi

Fred Toussi - 2002-08-05

If you have duplicate names for indexes you cannot open the db with 1.7.0. See the updated docs in the Patches section for a list of things that need changing before you can import an old database.

• Nobody/Anonymous

;) DB is ON CD, i.e. read-only DB on read-only medium.
      Things described in the patch section might not offer the solution for this problem :(

Why not providing a mechanism to open 1.6x DBs in that way:
      if index is not unique -> generate unique name

Or did something else changed? As I experienced 40001 errors AFTER MANUALY generating unique index names?

• Fred Toussi

Fred Toussi - 2002-08-05

There are a number of changes in 1.7.0 related to data consistency, all documented. Unfortunately we have not got enough time to cater for all possible variations of incompatibility with old readonly databases.

• Anonymous - 2013-01-30

How did you get across the issue of the .log and .lob files growing exponentially?  I try running the db in readonly mode (as well as locking those files down), and then receive a "java.io.IOException: Access is denied" error when running queries that return a large result set.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks