Sqltool does not process entire script

Help
2012-03-28
2014-01-19
  • Ron Aaronson

Ron Aaronson - 2012-03-28

I have a script of approximately 14.5K lines with a number of "create table" statements and  "create view" statements to create views on these just-created tables.  I run Sqltool against a non-existing urlid with -autoCommit specified.  All of the tables and most of the 31 "create view" statements are processed except for what seems to be a random numberof  the final few "create view" statements that come at the end of the file and seem to be ignored.  No error message is generated.  If I delete the database files and rerun, more or less of these views are created randomly.  There is nothing wrong with the DDL.  I can cut and paste the non-processed "create view" statements into the Database Manager and they execute fine or even run the Sqltool interactively and paste the DDL there and no problem.  Does anyone have any ideas?

• Blaine Simpson

Blaine Simpson - 2012-03-28

You didn't mention what URL type you are using.  I'm guessing that you are using a file type URL and are not shutting down the database before exiting the JVM.  Since the JVM lingers when you run SqlTool interactively or use DatabaseManager, the changes happen to persist.  Fix is to do a proper shutdown.  The ";shutdown=true" option for JDBC URL is especially convenient for this.

• Ron Aaronson

Ron Aaronson - 2012-03-28

That was the problem - thanks for helping a newbie!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks