Does anyone know if there is a problem with connecting to a standalone HSQLDB using OpenOffice.org? I have tried with both OOo 1.1.4 and 2.0 beta, setting the classpath to the hsqldb.jar and the JDBC driver class name and connection url correctly (I use the same settings in Druid and the org.hsqldb.util.DatabaseManager) but it won't connect telling me "The conection to the external data source could not be established. An unknown error occurred. The driver is probably defective".
Has anybody managed to do this yet? I would really like to use OOo forms with my existing HSQLDB database. I have posted to the OO newsgroup but I wondered if anyone here has tried it and if it worked.
I've tried using both hsqldb 126.96.36.199 and hsqldb 1.8.0 RC9.
This was supported with 1.1.4 and a howto was included in the guide.
From the description of the error it seems there might be a mismatch. Try running hsqldb as a server with silent=false to display the connection attempts.
In any case, when OOo m80 is released, this will all be acedemic.
The How-to guides I had read and followed but the issue was actually that in OOo for the connection string you were not meant to enter the jdbc part of the string jdbc:hsqldb:<etc> as OOo automatically prepends it.
This fact was not mentioned in the OO docs, however! >:-(
Hopefully anyone looking here with the same problem will be helped by reading this post :-)
Log in to post a comment.