Menu

anyone out there can help me to slove the radius startup?

skunkxinc
2013-03-08
2014-07-29
  • skunkxinc

skunkxinc - 2013-03-08

i dont know much about this im newbie here.
    when i thr to run this "sudo update-rc.d radiusd start 80 2 3 4 5 . stop 20 0 1 6 ."
    i got this error
    " update-rc.d: warning: /etc/init.d/radiusd missing LSB information"

• Dirk van der Walt

Hi,

I don't think you'll have to be much concerned about that warning. It is simply a warning and the start-up script should still work as intended.

I also get it on my installs.

• Calvin Mafra

Calvin Mafra - 2014-07-29

Hi, I have followed the tutorials and stopped after the installation of Node.js. Then I was following up the installation of Coova Chilli and I saw that I needed two NIC's on the server so I shutdown the server, added the interface eth1, configured it on the /etc/network/interfaces adding "auto eth1 iface eth1 inet static address 192.168.10.5" stuff...
    Then I noticed after that the reboot time is getting stuck at the networking boot (~60 seconds only on the network boot)...
    Well I kwon that so far i didn't have anythig to do with the on topic subject, but I noticed my radiusd service wasn't auto starting after the reboot... So what I have is two problems:

1º Radiusd is not starting automatically on startup (same warning as above)

2º New network interface is taking too long to boot.

Thanks,

Network interfaces solved, apparently you can't set two interfaces on "auto ethX", but Radiusd isn't starting on reboots :(

Last edit: Calvin Mafra 2014-07-30