Menu

Exception thown in "hop top"

Help
John
2003-12-04
2003-12-19
  • John

John - 2003-12-04

Predrag recently installed hop for us in Denver.  We've got everything working except for "hop top".
    When attempting hop top, we get the exception shown below.  Could this be caused by the fact that we no gates set up?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
       at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:389)
       at com.sbrew.hop.Tree.topReport(Unknown Source)
       at com.sbrew.hop.Top.main(Unknown Source)

• Lori M Olson

Lori M Olson - 2003-12-19

Yes.  The initial setup must have at least one test gate, and your "change zero" should be marked as "pass" in that test gate.

The shell script that creates change zero should also create the test gate (or gates) and mark change zero as a pass.  Sorry, but there's only the two of use (Tim and I) that have experience setting up Hop from scratch.  We really need an installer.

But it's a bug that you get this exception.  I'll look into it.

Sorry for the delay in responding.  No one uses these forums, so I stopped monitoring them a long time ago.  I'll keep an eye out from now on.

• Predrag Stanar

Predrag Stanar - 2003-12-19

Since I was in Denver this week, I fixed the problem. Some changes didn't have summary and null summary would trigger this bug. Bug is logged and I will fix it next week. We will either have to prevent creating a change without the summary, or prevent deleting summary via web interface, or gracefully handle null summary or all of them.