Installing HIEOS

Help
WittigM
2012-04-12
2013-05-20
  • WittigM

WittigM - 2012-04-12

Hi there….

I have done all Installing steps from the HIEOS 2.0 - Setup Guide.

Datebase Setup is done and the JDBC ConnectionPools for HIEOS are pingable.
    NetBeans, Axis2 and GlassFish are installed and configurated.

But now the problems….

The first problem is the Souce Code Project Structure:
    I downloaded the code from https://hieos.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/hieos/trunk with TortoiseSVN
    and my HIEOS_ROOT\src directory is missing the Folders
    - xref
    - xwebtoolsconfig

The second problem is at the step -Configuration Files- in the HIEOS 2.0 - Setup Guide.
    In the GlassFish admin console I have only the link “axis2” under Applicartions

The third problem is at step -Environment Variable Setup- in the HIEOS 2.0 - Setup Guide. The Variable HIEOSxCodesFile, HIEOSxConfigFile and HIEOSxSchemaDir can’t be set, because the Folders are missing. I fixed this by searching the Files manually and I set the Variables to:
    HIEOSxCodesFile = C:\HIEOS\config\codes\codes.xml
    HIEOSxConfigFile = C:\HIEOS\config\xconfig.xml
    HIEOSxSchemaDir=C:\HIEOS\config\schema

The fourth problem is at step –Build and Deploying- in the HIEOS 2.0 - Setup Guide. The following projects are missing:
    -  xwebtoolsconfig
    -  xref

• Adeola Odunlami

Adeola Odunlami - 2012-04-12

Hello,

The xref and xwebtoolsconfig projects no longer exist in the latest version of HIEOS so you can disregard the build steps that refer to those projects.

The way you have setup the environment variables is fine. Another option is to just set HIEOSxConfigDir to c:\HIEOS\config.

Regards
    Adeola.

• WittigM

WittigM - 2012-04-13

Hi, thx for your help….

i want to proceed with the "Build and Deployment" Step… i open NetBeans and open the projects and click "clean and build"
    for: omar, xutil, adt, xclient….. all fine…. i skip the xwebtoolsconfig project and proceed with xtest and i got the following error-message:

init:
    deps-clean:
    Updating property file: C:\HIEOS\src\xtest\build\built-clean.properties
    Deleting directory C:\HIEOS\src\xtest\build
    clean:
    init:
    deps-jar:
    Created dir: C:\HIEOS\src\xtest\build
    Updating property file: C:\HIEOS\src\xtest\build\built-jar.properties
    Created dir: C:\HIEOS\src\xtest\build\classes
    Created dir: C:\HIEOS\src\xtest\build\empty
    Compiling 38 source files to C:\HIEOS\src\xtest\build\classes
    C:\HIEOS\src\xtest\src\com\vangent\hieos\xtest\framework\BasicTransaction.java:36: error: cannot find symbol
    import com.vangent.hieos.xutil.metadata.validation.Validator.MetadataType;
      symbol:   class MetadataType
    C:\HIEOS\src\xtest\src\com\vangent\hieos\xtest\framework\BasicTransaction.java:213: error: cannot find symbol
                rel = RegistryUtility.metadata_validator(MetadataParser.parseNonSubmission(registry_result), MetadataType.NON_SUBMISSION);
      symbol:   variable MetadataType
    Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    2 errors
    C:\HIEOS\src\xtest\nbproject\build-impl.xml:607: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\HIEOS\src\xtest\nbproject\build-impl.xml:287: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
    BUILD FAILED (total time: 0 seconds)

i am using:
    NetBeans IDE 7.1.1
    GlassFish  3.1.2 (build 23)
    MySQL 5.5.22
    Windows 7 Enterprise

(i add the environment variable HIEOSxConfigDir = c:\HIEOS\config additional to my System)

Regards
    Marco.

• WittigM

WittigM - 2012-04-13

P.S.
    It seems that the package com.vangent.hieos.xutil.metadata.validation.Validator.MetadataType is missing….

where can i find this?

Regards
    Marco.

• WittigM

WittigM - 2012-04-16

i got an onther problem…. the file policyutil.jar is missing when i try to add the xds project to NetBeans

• Bernie Thuman

Bernie Thuman - 2012-04-18

You should use the latest supported build version 1.2.  The trunk is a "work in progress".