Meteorologist causing issues with Exposé

Help
diamondsw
2010-05-04
2013-05-23
  • diamondsw

diamondsw - 2010-05-04

Thanks to a post on MacUpdate, I finally found what's been causing Expose to have a blank space in addition to my usual windows - it's Meteo! I don't know if particular configuration options are needed to make it happen, but sure enough, have Meteo running and open Expose with several windows - you'll see an empty area where there's an "invisible" window. Quit Meteo and it's gone.

Any idea what's causing this?

(And any chance my pet peeve - that the UI says 9 days and the code only downloads 5 - could be fixed as well? :-) )

• ferguspa

ferguspa - 2010-05-04

I noticed this as well a while back.  It probably precedes any of the recent issues with Meteorologist and may have started with 10.6.  Meteorologist also dumps many log messages when Expose or Spaces is used:

5/4/10 8:22:43 AM com.apple.Dock.agent Tue May  4 08:22:43 myhostname.example.com Dock <Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSSetWindowTransformsAtPlacement: Singular matrix at index 2:

Since Expose and Spaces both likely try to manipulate the "invisible" window, I think it's reasonable to guess that the issues are related.  I've been reluctant to complain-I'd rather have a invisible-windowed, console-complaining Meteorologist than one that doesn't work at all.

- Patrick

• Cow

Cow - 2012-11-26

Bummer, I was excited to see that 1.6.1 gets rid of the white dot appearing in the bottom-left corner of the desktop, but the main problem was that Meteorologist throws off Exposé by taking up space it shouldn't.

See screenshot below that shows difference when Meteorologist is running or not and its negative affect upon Exposé where it takes up space and shrinks windows making Exposé for my entire system less usable.  Not good.

http://i.imgur.com/Puij5.jpg

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks