Joe Crobak
2010-01-14
2013-05-23
<< < 1 .. 13 14 15 (Page 15 of 15)
  • Seilenos

Seilenos - 2010-03-09

Me, too (or three or four or seven).

Bergen, Norway.

Seemed to work last night, but not when I came home from work today.

Menu icon is just the gray question mark and the drop down is distorted by the Wind field (which seems to have a lot of space in it). No forecast for the coming days, either.

• Pablo Ortiz Reyna

Mee too in Spain

• baileyjer

baileyjer - 2010-03-09

Dittos in SC.
    Jerry

• Howard Frankel

Howard Frankel - 2010-03-09

I'm out too, NJ, US.

• elfpix

elfpix - 2010-03-09

Seems it's picking up the data but not the icons.

• Wozzy

Wozzy - 2010-03-09

Developer should just abandon weather.com and use wunderground.com instead.

• El Cid

El Cid - 2010-03-09

Developer should just abandon weather.com and use wunderground.com instead

I agree, I believe that adding NOAA to the mix would also be helpful, it works great with AniWeather, the Mozilla extension for Firefox, Flock, SeaMonkey.

• jab47

jab47 - 2010-03-09

Whatever the problem is with The Weather Channel, it is affecting the add-on for FireFox too. all you get there is radar.

• jab47

jab47 - 2010-03-09

As I typed the last reply and sent it suddenly some of the missing items in the Weather Channel appeared but no extended weather

• bart309

bart309 - 2010-03-09

Me too, and I/m away from my home town, out in Arizona now.

• Lynn

Lynn - 2010-03-10

Same problem here in CA. This is exactly what happened to the most recent "old" version. If not fixed soon, I will return WeatherDock again.

• herbs

herbs - 2010-03-10

Howdy,

Sigh… I've been using WeatherDock (unlike it's name implies it can be a Menu item only) ever since Meteoroligist originally stopped working. It is missing features that I dearly love (e.g., radar and multiple locations at once) but its interaction with the Network and Waking from Sleep  is flawless. Meteorologist had a bad habit of quitting or locking up if the Newtowrk didn't respond immediately. Sigh…

I'd love to see a version of Meteorologist that does what it does so well but is more stable.

Good Luck,
    Herb Schulz

• DragonMaster1

DragonMaster1 - 2010-03-10

Cincinnati…I get the current conditions but all  icons only shows ? the extended is not showing anything.

• ozarknature

ozarknature - 2010-03-10

Today, 9 March 2010, my Meteo has once again died!  :-(   Nothing changed that I'm aware of, but suddenly the app can not refresh on any of the cities on my list.  I tried adding a new city but it does not refresh, either.  All I shows is the '?' icon and the city name in my menu bar….  Any thoughts?

• David

David - 2010-03-10

Looks like weather.com moved things around once again.

The radar still work, dew point, pressure, humidity and wind also work.

Temperatures and extended forecasts are the only thing that do not work at the moment.

Most likely it will only need a minor code tweak to work again.

• diamondsw

diamondsw - 2010-03-10

Developer should just abandon weather.com and use wunderground.com instead.

Yes, but that is decidedly non-trivial to implement. Multiple data sources would be nice to have again, but as I recall, it was extremely painful to maintain. Imagine getting threads like this for not just one datasource, but several - especially when I'm sure not all weather sites have the exact same data available. You also have to be careful that the data source handles non-US cities just as well as weather.com; this was also a problem back when Meteo supported multiple data feeds.

• BRUCE GREENFIELD

The point here is, who gives a crap about Dew point, Humidity, Pressure and wind. I'll trade all that relatively non essential useless info for the temperature, any day of the week..

• Starwynd

Starwynd - 2010-03-10

I give a crap.  Humidity is important for those with asthma or other breathing difficulties because higher humidity coupled with high temperature can make it stressful physically to venture outside.  When I'm sitting home and there's a few good gusts of wind that make everything creak, I like to click and see what speeds are being measured.   Pressure is useful for monitoring because when it begins dropping that tends to mean a front is moving through, and that can mean precipitation.  Some people are also sensitive to swings in the pressure so it's nice to have that data available. 

<< < 1 .. 13 14 15 (Page 15 of 15)