Help
Joe Crobak
2010-01-14
2013-05-23
1 2 3 .. 15 > >> (Page 1 of 15)
  • Joe Crobak

Joe Crobak - 2010-01-14

Hello everyone,

It's great to see that Meteorologist still has so many faithful users, particularly since Meteo hasn't had a release in nearly 2.5 years.  I will do my best to release a new version of Meteo in the coming days/weeks, although I'm currently traveling for business.  I noticed that a few other people have offered to help patch the code, and I would welcome those patches!

Thanks,
    Joe

• Marie

Marie - 2010-01-14

Thanks in advance, Joe ! I never found a best meteo app.

• Mallured

Mallured - 2010-01-14

Thanks Joe. For each one of those who use/rely on this every day and let you know, there are a 1000 of us that just read the posts and don't say anything. Meteo has been a part of our lives for years. It is the only program that my wife lets me know as soon as it doesn't work. Much appreciate your help.

• crawdad62

crawdad62 - 2010-01-14

Really appreciate it Joe. Meteo is wonderful and I'm missing it.

• mspace

mspace - 2010-01-14

Yes!  Please and thank you . . .

• Anonymous - 2010-01-14

YESY YES YES!!!

HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of us reply on Meteo on our systems every day! Thanks for finding time to work on it - we ALL truly appreciate it!

• Anonymous - 2010-01-14

Joe, Meteo is the *best* menu-bar weather app for Mac OS X out there!  You should be proud that it is still in wide use after 2.5 yrs of no development.  That says a lot about the code design and functionality.  Thanks a million!

-Joe

• Marie

Marie - 2010-01-14

Ooops ! mistake, I correct : I never found a better meteo app.

• Pablo Ortiz Reyna

Thanks a lot from Spain, gracias!!!!!!!!

• Brian

Brian - 2010-01-14

Joe, your software really is the greatest.

The best! Really!

• Brian

Brian - 2010-01-14

Also - is there way to send you a donation online?

• golabuk

golabuk - 2010-01-14

Joe, thanks for your willingness to keep Meteo working. It's still far and away the best app of its kind out there IMO. Also, ditto mandellb's question re: some way to send a donation to support and thank you further for your efforts.

• Sandy Hawkins

Sandy Hawkins - 2010-01-14

Great program. It's on the laptops of most of the TV ad film production people in NYC.

• bart309

bart309 - 2010-01-14

I too have loved Meteorologist for years and miss it.  I'm using a little program called WeatherManX (Dean Davis) which is OK, but I really miss Meteorologist.

• Anonymous - 2010-01-14

Oh my Joe, please save us of thi bad time.. We are obliged to live withour our beloved application…
    It's our eveyday pleasure to see your nice icon and forecast… Really THE BEST WEATHER APLICATION IN THE WORLD..
    Please, please, COME BACK and thanks in advance..
    A friend from Bordeaux in FRANCE.

• kadama

kadama - 2010-01-14

Joe, there is still a lot of love for Meteorologist out there!!
    You truly realize how much you like and depend on a tool when it's going missing.
    Truth to be told, I really prefer Meteorologist instead of looking out of the window - it's more reliable and fun.

It would be great if you could bring back the weatherman w/out the man!
    Thank you!!

• Robbo

Robbo - 2010-01-14

Thanks so much Joe for coming back to rescue this great application! Wish I knew more about Objective-C to help out directly, maybe a self-improvement project for me in 2010.

• George Kyriazis

George Kyriazis - 2010-01-14

It seems to be serious this time.  If you go to weather.com, they seem to now enforcing a policy that you have to sign up with them to get their XML data feed.  One of the requirements: have 5 links to weather.com from you app.

Hmm….

• Brian

Brian - 2010-01-14

I'm guessing it would be non-trivial to rewrite Meteo to use Wunderground or some other feed?

• George Kyriazis

George Kyriazis - 2010-01-14

I looked at the code briefly, and it's pretty well written and modular.  it's not difficult to use another weather service.  Somebody has to allocate some time and do it (and read the fine legal print, just to make sure).  Only if there was time…

• igo4mtns

igo4mtns - 2010-01-15

Please count me as one of those who feels Meteorologist is irreplaceable. If I knew how to help patch it, I'd help. But as it is, I shall wait patiently for the fix.

And will be so very grateful when it is once again working.

Regards and thank you for creating this gem of an application.

• David

David - 2010-01-15

Looking forward to getting Meteo back in my menu bar as the 2 option I use in the dashboard really are not all that accurate for my location and your is.

• B Bigelow

B Bigelow - 2010-01-15

Missing Meteo in Denver. Feeling bereft without it. Crossing fingers for a fix soon. Thanks Joe!

• baileyjer

baileyjer - 2010-01-15

Joe, is there a way to add an option selection to choose which weather service is used - e.g., accuweather? Then, when one doesn't work, a switch can be made to a service that does. Thanks for a great little app!

• BobG

BobG - 2010-01-15

Missing Meteo badly!
    Please keep Meteo compatable with OS 10.4 PPC.

1 2 3 .. 15 > >> (Page 1 of 15)